Hello Year 4 children, Parents and Carers,
Welcome back to the start of what will be a fantastic, fun filled year of learning. We can hardly believe that we are almost at the end of our second week.
Thank you for supporting your children with their summer homework related to our ''Local Area'' . We can see that many children have worked extremely hard and variety of art work, map work, writing and maths has been produced. Your children have had an opportunity to share their work in class and some have even achieved their value point.
This term children have begun to learn about living in environments in science, superheroes in English , Place Value/ Addition and Subtraction in Maths, Van Gogh in Art and settlements in Geography. There will be an exciting school trip related to our geography and history units ( Settlements/ Anglo-Saxons, Picts and Scots) to Valance House in Dagenham on Tuesday 10th October . Further information will be sent out soon.
We would like to use this opportunity to remind you of the following:
- All children must read at least three times each week and each parent comment written must be signed
- Reading books and diaries must be brought to school every day (this will ensure that children receive their value points on the day that they are achieved.)
- Children will bring home a spelling list every Monday and will be tested on a Friday.
- Children need to be practising all of the spellings from the Year 3 / 4 word list regularly to ensure that they are prepared for Year 5 (you will receive a copy of this list at the first parent teacher meeting this month). These spelling words will make up part of the weekly spelling list.
- Once a fortnight, your child will bring home a piece of talk homework related to their English unit of work. Please could you support your child's writing by talking through this homework with them.
-Times tables should be practised at home using Times Tables Rock stars. This is especially important for Year 4 as children will be taking a Times Tables test in June and all children will have a weekly 25 questions times tables test.
- All children should have a labelled water bottle that should be taken home every day to be cleaned and refilled.
- Finally, all children must wear their full activity uniform to school on a Friday.
Please see classroom window for an example of the expected kit.
Plain white T-shirt (no buttons)
Green jogging bottoms
Plain black plimsolls or trainers (this shoe should not be the same as that worn by your child every day).
We look forward to working with you and your children.
Mrs Winkler and Miss Khan