Miss Mohamed's Messages
National School Sports Week 2020
I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe. I have been in school a few times and have also been in our classroom. I miss you all very much!
If you haven’t already please make sure you have a look through the section on the website called ‘Health, Happiness and Wellbeing’ you can spot this when you click on ‘our pupils’ and scroll down. This section has lots of fun resources for you.
I am sure you are all aware of what has been happening around the world and may have seen some information about this on the news - there are many protests that have swept across cities in the US and other cities around the world.
What is black lives matter?
Black lives matter is a movement to both raise awareness and educate people about racial inequalities around the world. Racism is something we can all learn about and find out ways that we can support and promote equality for all. The movement campaigns against violence and racism and fights for equality for black people around the world, starting in 2013.
- Can you find out about and create a fact file from a person to the black civil rights movement e.g. Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King?
- Research into Black inventors. For example Garret Morgan who invented the Three-Light Traffic Light in 1923 and Sarah Boon who invented the Improved Ironing Board in 1892. Write a newspaper article detailing your findings.
- Research into Black visual artists. For example Sonia Boyce or Frank Bowling. Create an Art piece inspired by their work.
- Research into Black British Authors. For example: Malorie Blackman or Sharna Jackson. Write an opening of your own short story.
- Create a poster on equality and union
Send in all your wonderful work via email at: email@example.com
I will leave you with this lovely quote below.
If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way - Martin Luther King Jr
Miss Mohamed :)
Mathis, Marishka and Shakira’s video lessons
Lesson 2 videos
- Music with Mathis | Lesson #2: https://youtu.be/KTMp3aNI7co
- Dance with Shakira | Lesson #2: https://youtu.be/bw7f2RpdAWc
- Mindfulness with Marishka | Lesson #2: https://youtu.be/qRxKo6YlVac
Lesson 2 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnNxYS_bCQrGoX0OOI6aYpIldhAhghoed
Lesson 3 videos
- Music with Mathis | Lesson #3: https://youtu.be/4k5ux4NGU-M
- Dance with Shakira | Lesson #3: https://youtu.be/ZeUDownkdnw
- Mindfulness with Marishka | Lesson #3: https://youtu.be/8UJWtqaSCEA
Lesson 3 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnNxYS_bCQrGz5gRwflcgY2idgj9F523u
Lesson 4 videos - New theme,” Feelings”.
- Music with Mathis | Lesson #4: https://youtu.be/93knNdMCV3Y
- Dance with Shakira | Lesson #4: https://youtu.be/nuW49M35-tM
- Mindfulness with Marishka | Lesson #4: https://youtu.be/TLKmDdJ3tr4
How are you all doing? I hope you are well and keeping safe!
I hope you have been completing all your given tasks and practising your times tables as well as your spelling. The Summer Topic has been uploaded so please have a look and begin to complete the Tasks in your exercise books. Please remember to use a variety of descriptive words, conjunctions and expanded noun phrases. Ensure your handwriting is neat and joined well. I will be taking in and checking all your work once you are back!
Here are the answers to the riddles.
- When you look for something, why is it always in the last place you look? Because when you find it, you stop looking!
- A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible? Friday was the name of his horse.
- Railroad crossing, watch out of cars. Can you spell that without any “r’s”? T-H-A-T
- What has a face and two hands, but no arms or legs? A clock.
- What has to be broken before you can use it? An egg.
- What goes up and never comes down? Your age.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go” - Dr Seuss
P.s I would love to see what you have all been doing at home. You can share your work or any fun activities you have been doing!
Send in all your amazing photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll be able to find your photos on our Year 4 Wall of Fame!
I miss you all.
Miss Mohamed :)
I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
I miss you all very much and I hope that you have been enjoying your home learning. Please make sure you are reading a page or more of your chosen book every day.
Stay safe, make sure to exercise and keep active while at home. Remember to have fun, try some baking, colouring and board games!
Keep a routine – try not to stay in bed too late or go to bed too late either.
I have been checking all your progress on Active learn and Times Tables Rock stars, well done to those who have been consistently completing the activities! If you have not yet, please make sure you do. There is a tournament on Times table Rock Stars – 4SM vs 4AL.
Now is the time to show off your Times table skills!
P.S I know some of you love riddles so I have some for you below, try to solve them and I will reveal the answers soon.
- When you look for something, why is it always in the last place you look?
- A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible?
- Railroad crossing, watch out of cars. Can you spell that without any “r’s”?
- What has a face and two hands, but no arms or legs?
- What has to be broken before you can use it?
- What goes up and never comes down?
Remember – always believe in yourself, even when it’s not easy.
Lots of love,
Miss Mohamed :)
Challenge yourself and try to complete this activity :) Miss Mohamed has managed to complete every single one! Can you have a go?
Create a time capsule all about this time spent at home with your family. You can use your exercise book to complete these :)
I hope you are all keeping safe and well, staying indoors and regularly washing your hands.
Make sure you are using your exercise books to complete the work and activities given. There are lots of exciting activities, worksheets and resources for you on here to keep you busy at home. They will be updated frequently so keep checking for more!
I wish you all well and ask that you continue to keep working hard.
I miss you all and I will definitely be checking to see your progress on Active Learn and Times Tables Rockstars!
Miss Mohamed :)