Hello everybody and welcome to Year 2 and a very warm welcome from both of us; Miss Taylor (2VT) and Mr Cross (2GC). We are both looking forward to welcoming the children back to school and see their eager and excited faces, ready to be back with their friends and excited about what new learning opportunities will come their way.
If you haven't done so already, check out our 'Meet the Teacher' videos by clicking on the links below;
2GC Meet the Teacher - https://www.marshgreenprimary.com/2gc/
2VT Meet the Teacher - https://www.marshgreenprimary.com/2vt/
As always, it will be a busy and exciting year for your children and we hope them, and you, are looking forward to the things we have planned. Our main priority is to allow the children to thrive and enjoy their learning in a safe and encouraging environment. Alongside our learning activities, we will be ensuring that your well-being is at the fore-front of all that we do in school and we want you to feel safe and looked after.
Much of our learning this year is topic, or theme based, which allows the children the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills across the curriculum and really delve deeper into the topic that we are studying.
We will be starting our Year 2 journey by thinking about Worries and Fears (our first topic) and what that looks like for different people. We will explore the rainforest this year, the Great Fire of London, looking at the different countries of the UK, the difference between light and dark and many more exciting things ahead.
Year 2 expectations:
- We ask that the children are appropriately dressed for school, with the correct school uniform, and wearing school schools – not trainers! Trainers are only permitted for Year 2 P.E. days.
- Each child must bring in a named water bottle that is to be left in school so that we can limit the number of items travelling between school and home (especially at the moment.)
- Could your child’s uniform and belongings be appropriately labelled with their name and class please. In the event of their uniform becoming lost or misplaced, it will help us to get it back to them as quickly as possible.
- When reading books and diaries are sent home, could we ask that you hear your child read at least 3 times a week and leave comments in their diaries.
- Also, any work you can do with your children to help improve and develop their recall of times tables and multiplication facts will be a very valuable skill for your children.
Please also note, Year 2 have PE on Fridays so children will need to come to school dressed in their activity clothes.
If you have any concerns or queries, do not hesitate to speak to either of us or e-mail the Year 2 e-mail address; Year2_homelearning@marshgreen.bardaglea.org.uk
Thank you for your support and we look forward to an exciting year!
Miss Taylor and Mr Cross