Hello Year 4 children, Parents and Carers,
Welcome back to the start of what will be a fantastic, fun filled year of learning.
Thank you for supporting your children with their summer homework related to the theme of time. It was great to see such a variety of homemade clocks, time capsules related to memories of the summer and acrostic poems about favourite times of the day.
The children have enjoyed sharing their work.
The wellbeing of our Year 4 children is a priority and we continue to ensure that it is discussed in a positive manner. They have discussed and illustrated class rules, begun to take on general class responsibilities and some have even been nominated as members of our school council.
Our main topic this term is about 'Visitors From Distant Shores'. The children have written what they already know and were eager to write questions about what they would like to find out.
We would like to use this opportunity to remind you of the following:
- All children must read at least three times each week and each parent comment written must be signed
- Reading books and diaries must be brought to school every day
- Children will bring home a spelling list every Monday and will be tested on a Thursday
-Times tables should be practised at home using Times Tables Rock stars
- All children should have a labelled water bottle left in school so that they are hydrated throughout the day
-4TW must have their swimming kit (swimming costume / trunks, towel and swimming cap) for their swimming lesson at The Abbey Sports Centre every Tuesday (Beginning 7th September to 14th December). 4JW will have their lessons over the Spring term.
- Finally, all children must wear their full activity uniform to school on a Thursday.
We look forward to working with you and your children.
Mrs Winkler and Mr Williams